One of my favorite things right now are zucchini boats. I love these because they are so easy and you can make so many variations! I have made pizza, marinara and pesto zucchini boats and all taste so delicious.
I was on my way home from the gym and was craving pasta (I know I can’t be the only one!). But being someone who doesn’t eat grains a lot of the times, I wanted something that would give me a spaghetti like taste. So I thought “zucchini boats”! Good choice, because they hit the spot.
Today I am going to show you how I make ground turkey zucchini boats. I have done these with marinara and different pestos, but today I am using a sun dried tomato pesto and regular pesto. I would suggest you to make your own pesto but to save time, they are store bought from whole foods ( TIP: I always look for the kind that has the most wholesome ingredients– avoid sauces that have added sugar and ingredients you don’t know how to pronounce!)
I use organic ground turkey because one, it tastes good and two, it is a lean meat, which my body does best with.
Great for a main course or an app for a dinner party. Either way, it’s a hit for any occasion!
When you eat… be careful to not let it fall off the fork… or else this will happen….
- 1 pack organic ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic salt or Garlic Lover's
- 2 organic zucchini
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 can sun dried tomato pesto (or organic marinara)
- 2 oz organic shredded cheese of choice ( I used monterey jack mix)
- In large pan, place chopped onions and turkey and put pan on medium high to cook
- Chop turkey in the pan with spoon
- Add the garlic salt/ Garlic Lover's to turkey to season
- While turkey is cooking, cut the zucchini in half the long way
- Scoop out the middle of zucchini with a teaspoon (you can put the zucchini pulp in with the turkey if desired)
- Add the pesto to the zucchini boats
- Grease a 8x8 pan ( i used olive oil)
- Once pink is gone from the turkey, add tomato and some of the cheese and mix together
- After turkey is all the way cooked, use teaspoon to put turkey in zucchini boats
- Preheat oven to 350. Once preheated, put the pan of zucchini boats in the oven and cook for 20-25 min
- Remove after complete and add the rest of the cheese